My knitting bag was a bit of a mess. The pocket was filled with stitch markers that had escaped from their little plastic bag, my darning needles were randomly pinned into the side of the bag and I could never find my tape measure amongst the scraps of wool lurking in the depths.
After I’d finished sewing the quilts together, I left the sewing machine on the table so I could mend some jeans that just need a patch on the knees to make them good enough for gardening. It would only take a little effort to do it. But it’s so much better to make than mend and I’d seen a delicately embroidered needlebook that Janine had made at Olallieberry and decided it was just the thing to keep my knitting bag in order.
I used small scraps of fabric for the cover and for the middle section cut out a piece of the red jumper that I’d inadvertently felted when I put it in the washing machine with a pile of clothes scooped from a child’s bedroom floor.
So now I have a needlebook with a pocket for a tape measure, somewhere safe to keep the darning needles and ring clips for the stitch markers and row counter. It all looks very organised for the moment. I just need to use up all those odd bits of wool. And mend those jeans.